We prepare the students for the All India Senior Secondary Examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi under its 10+2 pattern.
The main aim is to impart education so as to ensure physical, intellectual, moral and spiritual development of the students.
In its pursuit of excellence and for complete development of the pupil’s personality, the school seeks to promote specialized knowledge, moral integrity and dedication for high professional competence.
The curriculum for the Junior classes is based on the latest innovations in teaching. The class rooms are well equipped with educational toys and charts.
- The medium of instruction is English. Hindi is taught as compulsory subjects.
- Arts, Medical, Non-Medical. Commerce streams are offered to students of class XI and XII
- The curriculum includes the subjects of English, Hindi, Punjabi. Social Sciences, General Science, Mathematics, Drawing, Work-Experience, P.T. and Games. Computer education is compulsory.
- The school has well equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The library is well stocked and extensively used. Education is imparted through various Audio Visual Aids and Computers.
To ensure efficient functioning of academic, co-curricular and extra curricular activities, the school has been divided into five wings under a wing incharge.
For excellence in academics, each subject is looked after by a Head of Department. This School has a House System for bringing out the talent and the best talent from among its students. Various inter-school competitions are conducted housewise and Best House Trophy is awarded at the end of the session. Mental and Physical development of the body are the two sides of the same coin. School does not lag behind in promoting the physical development of its students, who are trained by capable instructors.
For the intellectual, cultural and social development olchildren, school offers a host of co-curricular activities.
All students are encouraged to participate in debates, declamations, recitation, paper contests, dramatics. general knowledge, Science Quiz, dances, Music, Essay writing etc.
Students ofClass IX & X are eligible for NCC enrolment.
The school offers the following clubs to its students to develop their creative skills.
- Cultural Club
- Dramatics Club
- Music Club
- I.T. Club
- Science Club
- Environment Club
- English Club
- Art Club
- Maths Club.
BasketBall. Volley Ball. Table:I ennis. Cricket. Football, Badminton. Khokho, hand Ball, Carrom, Karate & Taekwondo, Athletics, P.T. exercises/excursions, trekkings, and cycling trips etc. constitute an important part of School Physical Education. Our students represent Chandigarh in many activities and get Scholarships from Sports Authority of India every year.
The School will introduced skating from the next session. It will a spacious. well lighted, centrally located and well equipped Rink.
Clay-Modelling, poster making, slogan writing. flower making, painting etc. are all taught through class activities during art and craft periods.
Music Dance & Drama
School runs special hobby classes in the zero period for helping children to acquire expertise in Indian classical music, dance and drama. Competitions in Folk dances. music, acting mimicry, pantomime etc. are organized front time to time.
The school has two Computer Labs and about 40 PCs. Qualified teachers impart basic education in computer science to the students. Multimedia computers and educational Cd’s arc also available for audio/visual information on various topics.
In order to develop in children the art of public speaking, inter-class debates. declamations, recitations, extempore speeches, paper-reading, story telling sessions, book reviews. on the spot story building contests, youth parliament sessions etc. are held from time to time along with quiz competitions.
To inculcate the literary talent in the students, the school Magazine is brought out every year. The magazine is managed by an Editorial Board and provides a wide range a news, articles. fiction. poetry etc.
The school is equipped with the modern Audio Visual teaching aids viz, overhead projector, television etc. for better understanding of the concepts which are modern, practical and result oriented. The School also has a large screen projector for Multi-Media Purposes.
A library is the nerve centre of a school. Reaching out to all forms of print media, the school library is adequately stocked with reference books periodicals, journals, magazines and Multimedia CD-ROMS. The students are also encouraged to borrow books and periodicals from the library for the development of their reading habits.
The library is open to all the students in the school. Strict silence is to be maintained in the library.
The school Library consists of about 23000 books/CD-ROMS under the charge of a qualified and experienced Librarian. The Library contains a fairly large number of material on all subjects. Every child has to attend the library periods once a week for extensive reading. It has open shelf system so as to allow the students a free access to the books.
Each of our students is a precious child who is moulded into a well groomed citizen and useful member of the society by individual attention from the staff.
The school has a team of dedicated teachers, who are trained, highly qualified and experienced in various disciplines. The staff is capable of providing complete training to the students in the fields of education & life.
In Service Teaching training & Seminars
In order to keep themselves abreast of the latest in their subjects, our staff is regularly sent for in-service training courses, seminars and workshops.
Candidates seeking admission to the school have to get themselves registered with the school. For this purpose application forms are made available along with the school prospectus which is a priced document. Admissions are made subject to the availability of seats in the concerned class as also the clearance of admission test which is obligatory. Parents/Guardians should ensure that they ascertain the dates for admission test from the school office.
Candidates seeking admission are normally given the test in the subjects of English, Hindi and Mathematics. However, for higher classes, i.e. classes IX to XII, candidates will be tested in Science subjects also.
- Parents/Guardians of the selected candidates are required to fill the admission form which they will collect from the school office or download from the below link and submit the tilled up admission form to the school office by the indicated date.
- Click Here to Download Admission Form
- Parents have to ensure that
- All entries in the admission form are written legibly and correctly.
- The following documents are required to be submitted along with the admission form :
- Original Birth Certificate from Registrar of Deaths & Births (For Pre-Nur/Nur only).
- Original IC from school last attended (for candidates other than Pre-Nur/Nur).
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended (IX to XII only).
- Result Card of the class last passed/attended (1 to XII).Principal’s decision regarding admission or refusal to admission will be final.
Any parent desirous for withdrawal of his/her ward from the school, should apply in writing for a TRANSFER CERTIFICATE by 31st March or at least one calendar month prior to withdrawal – failing which one instalment of fees in lieu of notice will be charged.
On receipt of parent’s application, school office will give the parent a NO DUES form. The copy of the form will be used for issuing the Tc and it will be issued to the parent.
- Fee is payable in advance by 10th of the month for which these are due. Payment by cheque is not accepted.
- If the dues are not paid by the nth of the month a fine of Rs. 15/- per day will be charged. The defaulter’s name is removed from the rolls on the 30th without any notice.
- For re-admission, the arrears of fee with other dues and re-admission fee of Rs 300/- shall be payable.
- Fee is to be paid as directed in the Fee Booklet.
- Fee and other charges once paid are not refunded on any account either in full or in part.
- Concession of fee is given only in ease of fatherless child or merit-cum-means basis. This concession of fee is not allowed for April or for the month of admission.
- The management can revise fee and other charges at the beginning of the new academic session. As regards the scale of revision, the decision of the management shall be final.
Following scholarships are available to the students of this school
Scholarship for fatherless children :
The students falling in this category are provided half fee concession. This scholarship is available from the second month of joining the school.
Those students who get more than 90% marks in Xth C.B.S.E. Board Exams can apply for scholarship of Rs 200/- per month by school.
The School and Parents
The school considers the parent to be an important pillar in the overall development of the child. The school accordingly provides for regular parent-teacher interactions. The parents can the Director Principal with prior appointment in her office to discuss their ward. Parents are committing themselves to the school rules by placing their children in the school.
Examination & Promotion Rules
For promotion to the next class a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each subject. In subjects which have examination in practicals he/she is required to obtain 40% marks in both practical as well as theory. Weekly tests arc compulsory for all students. For this purpose, cumulative performance of the student in the three term examinations is seen and the weightage given to these three examinations is as follows:
Terminal Test Weightage
A student who thus for two consecutive years in the same class will be terminated from the school.
Progress reports will be given to the Parents at the end of every terminal examination. These must be signed by the parent & returned to the class teacher within one week.
No exemptions will be granted for any of the maim examinations except on medical grounds.
Minimum attendance For eligibility to appear in any of the examinations is 75%. Examination Committee holds the right to disallow a candidate from appearing in the examination if he/she runs short of requisite attendance.
In addition to three major exams, school will also give monthly tests to students.
Instructions for Parents/Guardians
Parents must ensure that their wards are regular, punctual, properly dressed and always carry school diary with them.
Leave applications for I day should be addressed to the class teacher and for more than 2 days to the Principal.
Medical leave must be accompanied by a medical certificate.
No short leave for birthdays, engagements, or any other family celebration will be granted during school hours.
No concession will be granted especially to class XI and XII student, for coming late to school on grounds of private tuitions etc.
Parents are requested to discourage their wards from using private car. scooter etc. for coming to school.
Transportation of the ward to and from the school is entirely the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
No friends or acquaintances may be directed on behalf of the parents to visit their ward during school hours. This will not be permitted.
Do not send the ward to school if he/she complains of sickness or is suffering from any infectious disease.
Students can avail of the School transport subject to the availability of seats. The routes of the school buses are drawn up and parents should consult the School transport incharge for necessary details.
- The school has its own buses to carry children to school and back home. It is, however, optional for the pupil to avail themselves of this facility.
- In case the bus goes out of order or when its driver is not available for service, it becomes parent’s responsibility to send his/her child to school and take him/her back home. The school entertains no complaint or claim on account of this irregularity.
- A parent wishing to withdraw his child from availing the transport facility must inform the school office IN WRITING by the last day of the month for which the transport charges have been paid failing which the parent will pay transport charges for the following month.
- A student should carry his photograph and complete identity in signed by a parent.
- Students should be clean and neatly dressed.
- Non-Sikh Boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals. Sikh Boys must wear turbans in Class IX and above. A patka may be worn only while playing games.
- The school is not responsible for goods lost. It is advisable not to bring valuable articles like expensive watches, Mobiles or fountain pens etc. to school.
- The school reserves the right to suspend or take strict disciplinary action against a student whose diligence or progress in studies is constantly unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- Every parent should see that the child applies for leave and gets it sanctioned before absenting himself/herself from the school.
- Students are expected to respect the property of the school. A student’s name is liable to be struck offthe rolls for:
- Long absence of more than 10 days without information/shortage of lectures.
- Non-payment of dues.
- On grounds of indiscipline. (use of drugs, violence etc.)
Parent Teacher Meetings
To know the ward’s academic progress and participation in co-curricular activities, parents are requested to attend parent-teacher meetings regularly. These are held on the 2nd Saturday of every month.
Parents are not allowed to meet the teacher on other days.
- Parents are welcome to contact personally the Principal Vice-Principal & the teachers during the fixed meeting hours/days to ascertain the progress of their children.
- Private tuitions are strongly discouraged. Tuitions hinder the progress and hit the self-confidence of a child. This is why the tuitions are discouraged. If, in case, a child needs individual attention in studies, the Principal should be consulted before engaging a tutor.
- Parents are requested :
- To ensure that fee is paid in time.
- To provide their children with proper text books and note books etc.
- To ensure themselves that their children diligently attend to the home work, class tests, monthly tests, assignments etc.
- The Principal shall entertain and accommodate, from the guardians, all suggestions pertaining to the betterment of the Institution.
- No concession will be granted especially to class XI & XII students for coming late to school on grounds ofprivate tuitions etc.
|Nursery & K.G.||8:00AM to 12:30PM||8:30AM to 1:00PM|
|I to Xth||8:00AM to 1:45PM||8:15AM to 2:00PM|
|XI & XII||8:00AM to 12:30PM||8:15AM to 12:30PM|
The school would like parents to maintain a close rapport with the teachers of their wards in the school. Parents are advised to meet the respective Reps according to the Schedule given below_ or by prior appointment. Second Saturday is a holiday for the students. Parents can meet the class teacher Co-ordinator on Second Saturday with their wards.
|Director-Principal||Nur to XII||Saturday||1:00 to 2:00p.m.|
|Principal||Nur to XII||Saturday||8:30 to 10:00a.m.|
Uniform is a symbol of discipline.
Discipline makes our living worthy.